As an Ofsted-registered childminder I am required to
deliver an education package known as the EYFS. This covers
7 areas of learning and development, 3 of which are prime
areas for very young children. They are:
• Personal, Social and Emotional Development
• Physical Development
• Communication and Language.
These skills need to be in place before we move on to the 4 specific areas for pre-School children. They are:
• Understanding the World
• Expressive Arts and Design.
All of our activities are developed using the EYFS guidelines for “learning through play”. I am happy to show you my planning and explain which of the 7 areas of learning we are currently working on.
Please let me know if your child has any favourite subjects, movies, programmes, books, games or toys; we may use them as topics for more fun and effective learning opportunities!
Places are limited so get in touch to find out about availability.
- School-run services
- Listening and reading
- Speech and language development
- Wrap-around care availability
- Provision of suitable dietary meals
- Computer awareness and keyboard skills
- Musical/Artisitic explorational play
- Professional yet personal home setting
- Babysitting services
- School assistive works
- Online technology services
- Short-notice support services
- Developmental recreation activities
- Secure garden setting activities
- Parent liaison
- Advice services
- Out of hours care